Sangha is a Sanskrit word that means “spiritual community”, wherein the members engage in spiritual practices and support each other on their spiritual journeys. Members of this Sangha must be graduates of the Hidden Treasure Program. The emphasis is on the spiritual dimension of our being rather than the psychological, and the teachings and discussion will focus on spirituality as it is lived in each of us. The psychological dimension of our being is part of this, but it is examined from the perspective of what the soul is trying to express or what spiritual lessons are to be learned as a result of situations occurring in one’s life.
HT Sangha gatherings take place in two locations throughout the year:
- Light on the Hill Hillside House—291 Blake Hill Rd., Van Etten, NY
- First Baptist Church—driveway off Court St. just past the Presbyterian Church, Ithaca, NY
Joining the Sangha is a Commitment
HT Sangha members are expected to engage in daily meditation/prayer. Members’ daily practice, as well as attendance at retreats, will help deepen and enrich the Sangha discussions. All members of the HT Sangha are asked to commit to attend:
- Four one-day programs (9:00 a.m.—1:00 p.m.) on Saturdays throughout the year. The one-day programs begin with a long meditation and reading, followed by discussion on the reading or members’ spiritual lives and the challenges they face. Sangha members are asked to bring their lunches and are encouraged to eat together after the morning session. Meetings take place at Light on the Hill Hillside House.
- Ten monthly Sangha gatherings from 9:00 a.m.–10:15 a.m. at First Baptist Church. Music for settling in begins at 9:00 a.m. The gatherings take place on the 4th Saturday of each month. (We do not meet in November or December due to the winter holidays.) Monthly gatherings include a long meditation, reading or exercise, and discussion.
- At least one spiritual retreat during the year (of your choosing). Members are encouraged to attend the three-day Hidden Treasure graduate retreat on April 13-16, 2023. Cost $480.
The cost for the year is $200 for the 4 long Saturdays and 10 short Saturdays meetings. This can be paid in September or over several months. The cost includes rental space for both LOH facilities including Hillside House and First baptist Church
The One-Day meetings are held from 9:00 a.m. — 1 p.m. at Hillside House or Inner Light Lodge at Light on the Hill. The meeting dates for this year are:
- October 8, 2022
- December 10, 2022
- March 11, 2023
- June 17, 2023
The short Saturdays monthly meditation meetings are held in Ithaca from 9:00 — 10:15 a.m. at First Baptist Church. Music for settling in begins at 9:00 a.m.
April 29, 2023
May 27, 2023
June 24, 2023
July 22, 2023
August 26, 2023
September 23, 2023
October 28, 2023